One thing I'm not liking is trying to fine clothes that I can exercise in. I have to order something because no where in town has anything, so I have to guess at sizes and I've got to have some things to take to Yosemite. It looks like I'll be wearing some of Jonathan's shirts to work out in because the one maternity shirt I found was $44, which seems insane for something I'll wear for a few months. I also can't find bras to work out in, what do people who are this big do? I've got no clue.
Last week I swear I felt the baby move. I was driving home and I felt one little thump, it was kind of like a kernel of popcorn popped in my belly. I haven't felt anything since then, and I want to start feeling it so that I know he's okay in there, but it will probably be a few more weeks until it happens. I have to wait another 2 weeks for the next sonogram, it seems like a really long time.
- Thyroid gland has matured and your baby begins producing hormones which will be used throughout his or her life.
- In boys, the prostate gland develops
- In girls, the ovaries move from the abdomen to the pelvis
- Your little one may have learned to suck his thumb by this point!
- Your child's bones are getting harder and stronger by the day!
- Your baby's skin is very transparent still
- Lanugo (very fine hair) covers the baby's body and will continue to grow until 26 weeks gestational age - Generally this will be shed prior to birth. Its purpose is to help protect baby's skin while in all that water!
- Your baby is 3.42 inches (8.7cm) long and weighs about 1.52 ounces (43 grams) - approximately the weight of a letter!