Sunday, September 21, 2008

13 Weeks

This is the last week of my first trimester! Overall the first 1/3 was okay, it could have been much worse, and thank God it's almost over. I'm feeling okay and in the last few weeks time seems to be moving at a more normal rate, it was very slow before. I'm not nearly so tired, I have some energy, and I haven't barfed in the last 3 days. I always thought I'd be a very crabby pregnant person, and I have my moments, but for the most part I've been pretty okay. It helps to have such a supportive husband who is willing to do a little extra around the house. I hope our boy turns out as great as he is.

It's weird to not have a doctor's appointment for 4 whole weeks. I'm looking forward to feeling the baby move so at least I'll know that he's okay in there. I didn't like the reason why I was watched so closely before, but I did really enjoy seeing my baby so often and checking in on him.

Here's a belly shot at 13 weeks. Pardon the fat, not all of that is baby, but most of it is. It's funny, it looks so much bigger to me when I look down on it than it does in the picture.


This Week:
  • Your infant is about 2.91 inches (7.4cm) and weighs around 0.81 ounce (23gm)
  • If you could peek in again you may spot your baby as he begins to practice inhaling and exhaling movements
  • Eyes and ears continue to move and develop
  • Baby's neck is getting longer, and the chin no longer is resting on his chest
  • His hands are becoming more functional - Your baby may find it comforting to start playing with his fist.
  • At this point all nourishment is received from the placenta

No comments: