It's weird to not have a doctor's appointment for 4 whole weeks. I'm looking forward to feeling the baby move so at least I'll know that he's okay in there. I didn't like the reason why I was watched so closely before, but I did really enjoy seeing my baby so often and checking in on him.
Here's a belly shot at 13 weeks. Pardon the fat, not all of that is baby, but most of it is. It's funny, it looks so much bigger to me when I look down on it than it does in the picture.
- Your infant is about 2.91 inches (7.4cm) and weighs around 0.81 ounce (23gm)
- If you could peek in again you may spot your baby as he begins to practice inhaling and exhaling movements
- Eyes and ears continue to move and develop
- Baby's neck is getting longer, and the chin no longer is resting on his chest
- His hands are becoming more functional - Your baby may find it comforting to start playing with his fist.
- At this point all nourishment is received from the placenta