Sunday, September 28, 2008

The first trimester: in retrospect

I'm very grateful that the first part of this is over with and we're 1/3 of the way there. Most of it seemed to drag by like it would never end but the last few weeks have flown. Here are the things I'd like to remember and forget about the first trimester.

Forget:
  • The bleeding and blind panic of not knowing if the baby was ok. Also all the worry that came along with having the blood clot.
  • Bed rest, restricted activity, and pelvic rest
  • Nausea (although it hasn't gone away yet and knowing me, it probably won't)
  • Throwing up
  • The boobs hurting so much at first
  • Looking fat
  • The sinus infection I currently have
Remember:
  • Knowing I was pregnant long before that positive test
  • Taking 4 or 5 tests, because I was sure, and then finally going and getting the digital one just to be really sure
  • Telling our families and friends and seeing/hearing how excited everyone was
  • Seeing that little heart beat on the sonogram for the first time and the relief that came with it
  • Getting to have 6 sonograms between week 6-12 and seeing how much he changed every week
  • Seeing him move and squirm on the sonograms
  • Finding out that it's a boy
  • How great Jonathan has been and how excited he is
Things I'm looking forward to in the 2nd trimester:
  • Feeling him move
  • Being more active
  • Going to Yosemite
  • Going to Vegas
  • Looking pregnant
I'll post the 14 week stuff in a few days. Right now I want to rest and get over this sinus infection, and think of middle names.

No comments: