Friday, September 12, 2008

One step forward, Two steps back

This week I've noticed a slight improvement in how tired I am. I can now make it through the day without a nap. I'd still really like one, but it's not so vital anymore.

The bad news is that because I don't just fall into bed at night anymore, it's harder for me to get to sleep. Last night I went to bed at 10:30 and didn't get to sleep until after 1:00. I got up every 10 - 15 minutes to pee, and every time it was as if I hadn't just gone. It was very annoying and I would have just slept on the toilet if I could have gotten comfortable. I was tired enough to fall asleep, I just always had to pee.

I'm very cranky if I don't get enough sleep. Some people have said that this is preparation for getting up several times a night with the baby. That's total bull shit, it's like saying that dieting is preparation for starvation. Or the cure for lack-of-sleep is practicing lack-of-sleep. With all of the adventure vacations we've had I do think that having some experience with sleep deprivation is important and very helpful to get through an event, but you never practice that leading up to the event, that's just stupid.

Anyways, hopefully I'll adjust soon. I'm sure Jonathan is hoping so too, he slept on the couch last night simply so he could get some sleep.

No comments: