Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Morning Sickness

I was getting read to do a post on homemade baby food, that is until I started throwing-up.

I thought that at this point in the pregnancy all of these awful little symptoms were supposed to start going away, not just starting up. About 2 weeks ago this thing started happening. Every morning when I get up I have a little bit of mucus in the back of my throat and when I spit it out it triggers my gag reflex which makes me heave and throw-up water. I have a cup of water sitting next to my bed that I sip on all night. So every morning I "throw-up" water and mucus. I hadn't really considered it throwing-up because it doesn't taste like anything and it's not lumpy, but maybe I've just been in denial. It's much better to do this before I brush my teeth, rather than during.

This morning was no different... until I ate breakfast. I was fine, I went to the bathroom and took a bath and was getting dressed for the day when a little more mucus found the back of my throat and then my breakfast came back up and got flushed down the toilet. I hate throwing-up. It's just gross, and it doesn't feel good. This type of things is supposed to be stopping now, and it's not fair that it's all of a sudden starting. OK, I'm done whining.

On a brighter note, it was a beautiful day today, only 83. And tomorrow looks to be about the same!

No comments: