Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Travel Plans

I love to travel. I would much rather spend money on traveling than I would on just about anything else, like improving the house. Considering the arrival of a baby, we've decided to spend a little more of the money around the house getting things done than on traveling this year. It was a though decision to make. I'll post a list of house projects at some point.

When we found out we were pregnant we had 2 trips tentative planned. We were going to meet our friends Tom and Maury in Yellowstone, they have a trailer and are traveling across the country. And we had planned on going to New York City in October, our friend Marlene was going to show us around. When we found out about the blood clot, all travel plans got dropped. Neither one of those places would be much fun if I couldn't walk around.

I've been told that as long as I'm not having any bleeding, I can travel. Hopefully I'll get the all clear later today at my appointment so I can start hiking some. I just spoke with Maury and they are flying us out to meet them in Yosemite National Park Oct. 16th - 20th. It's not Yellowstone but I haven't been to California since I was 9, and Jonathan hasn't ever been. We are also planning a trip to Vegas with Marlene and Will. It will either be in November or December. None of us are huge gamblers but there is a lot to do in a small amount of space. Jonathan and I were planning on going by ourselves but Marlene got really excited about it and they are great to travel with so I think it will be a blast.

Neither vacation is anything like what we normally do, and both will be low budget, which isn't what we normally do either. But I'm really looking forward to both of them, I think it's going to be a blast. And good for both of us to get away before the baby comes. Post baby our first trip will be to Cabo with my family, probably in November. And we'll get to stay at the Grand Regina which is a Rits Carlton level resort. I hope the baby doesn't get too used to that or he/she will be sorly disapointed in the future.

I can't wait for my appointment and to see my baby! 3:00 today. I will drink some juice while I'm in the waiting room so hopefully it will be awake. Jonathan has the video camera with us too.

No comments: