Sunday, March 1, 2009

36 Weeks (-4)

It's March!!! I'm just praying this baby comes by the end of the month. Not much has changed, I'm just getting bigger. I've had a little sciatica, which sucks, but it may be a sign that he's dropping further into my pelvis. I have yet to be able to breath any better so if he has dropped any, it isn't much.

I'm officially allowed to exercise some now. Before now I would either have some spotting or contractions but at this point if it causes labor to start it's totally fine. Today we took the dogs to the dog park and hiked around for a bit. We came home, ate, and then went to the gym to float in the pool. I'm exhausted but I feel good.

And Jonathan finished the bathroom counter! It's very exciting to have a functioning bathroom again. It looks great. I can't wait for the floor to get installed, it's going to look amazing.

This Week:
  • Your baby is almost ready and most likely, so are you! The only organ still to mature is the lungs. While certainly you are both growing anxious to meet, remember that each day (up to 42 weeks), that your little one stays within your womb will multiply his chances to breathe on his own.
  • If he hasn't already, this week your baby may drop into the birth canal. While breathing for mom becomes easier, walking may be the exact opposite! If he's not your first baby, this "lightening" may not occur until right before labor.
  • Fat is dimpling your baby's elbows and knees, and forming creases in the neck and wrists.
  • His skin is growing smooth and, shall we say it, "baby" soft.
  • His gums are very rigid. It won't be many months before you'll see his teeth.
  • She has a fully developed pair of kidneys and her liver has begun processing some waste products.
  • Your child's average size is now 18.66 inches (47.4cm) and 5.78 pounds (2622 g). Between now and birth she will gain about an ounce a day!

1 comment:

little b said...

The counter top looks great! Very impressive.