Sunday, March 15, 2009

38 Weeks (-2)

Not much is new, I'm just getting bigger. I'm actually so big that I can see him hiccuping. Waiting for this baby to arrive is like waiting for Christmas morning, only we don't know when Christmas is coming. The suspense is killing me.

My belly is getting so big that it's going square now and the skin is starting to hurt a bit. Thankfully I'm still sleeping okay and feeling okay.

Last week I went a little stir crazy because I didn't leave the house much. I'm trying to fill my social schedule this week so that doesn't happen. So far I have a few things going on so that will help.

We officially have his room finished. I finished the painting for the wall, we have everything hung, and all the furniture is nailed to the walls too. I even have all the little clothes washed and ready.

We went in today and had the baby monitored for about 1.5 hours. He looks perfect, apparently he just wanted to really sleep in. I have to be put back on the monitor on Tuesday at my appointment, I just hope it's for a shorter amount of time. It's difficult to get comfortable strapped to a table.

This Week:
  • If he is the "average baby," he weights 6.8 pounds (3083gm)and is 19.6 inches (49.8cm) long.
  • Have you noticed she hiccups a lot? Because there is no air around her, those breathing exercises cause amniotic fluid to get into her windpipe. The result? Hiccups!
  • Your child's intestines are accumulating lots of meconium. Meconium takes on the role of being your baby's first bowel movement -- removing the waste that has accumulated.
  • He may have a full head of hair now -- an inch or more long! Don't be surprised if it's an unexpected color. Some blond couples have dark haired babies; some dark haired couples have red-haired babies; some couples have babies with only peach fuzz! It may just persuade you to take a closer look at your family tree!
  • Circumference of head and abdomen are about the same size for your baby. No wonder it's so hard to get a t-shirt over a newborn's head!

No comments: