Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One hail of a storm

They say bad things come in threes. The refrigerator, the washer, and the dryer all had to be replaced not long ago. Then nanny died, Jonathan got laid off, and my parents are getting divorced.

Is this starting to sound like a bad country song to anyone else?

Now in the last 3 days the window on my jeep doesn't work (thank God Jonathan managed to rig it so it will stay up and we don't have to spend $400 to get it fixed yet), the belt on the vacuum broke (I'm praying Jonathan can fix it because we use it all the time and I love it) and then we had this happen this afternoon:



I'm actually really excited about this one. It will cost us some money but hopefully we'll be getting a new roof out of it! We've needed one for a few years and we're really pushing it right now. The roof is 17 years old and it doesn't look good.

When the storm started I was napping (because some little baby kept me up really late and got me up very early). The poor dogs were terrified and it was extremely loud. I've lived here all my life and never been in a storm like that. It didn't last very long but it dumped a lot of hail on us, some of it golf ball sized. I'm really glad that everyone is okay and both our cars were protected.

After I took the pictures the dogs though it would be fun to play in the rain and they came in looking like drown rats... and smelling like dead ones.

Jonathan was driving home when it hit here and he decided to pull off down town, park in a garage, and have coffee until it passed. Apparently traffic got shut down in several places up this way from all the hail.

2 comments:

little b said...

You have a Dyson, right? You should call them. I have a friend who has had amazing customer service from them. They have sent her two belts for no charge at all.

Jonathan said...

Dyson fixed. The brush was rather clogged. Now it sucks as good as new.

The amazing thing is that even with the clogged brush it still sucked better than any vac I've ever used.