Sunday, January 11, 2009

29 Weeks (-11 to go)

This week hasn't brought a whole lot of new things, just more of the same. What's missing from the picture below are all of the woman's internal organs getting squished. Yes, squished. I was driving home from work one day and realized that I had a sore muscle, like I had been at the gym working one very specific muscle. Then I realized that muscle was my stomach, getting squished. It was a very odd feeling. Everything is just a bit sore from being relocated. I hear that when the baby drops I'll be able to breath a little better so I'm looking forward to that.

The swelling in my feet has set in again and I don't think it's leaving. It's not pretty but at least it's not hot outside. We did actually plan for that one.

And I'm thrilled to report that he has finally turned!!! For the time being at least, he is head down. I realized this 2 days ago when it felt like he was trying to kick my right boob. He's done this before, went head down for 2 days and then decided he liked it better the other way. This way is much more comfortable for me so I'm hoping he stays there, but he still has plenty of time to get into position. In the mornings he is usually sideways. And by morning I mean 5 AM or when Jonathan's alarm goes off, that wakes him up too. It's weird feeling him stretch that way because both sides of my belly move. I usually put my hand on it and feel from the outside too but I haven't gotten up the nerve (or desire) to turn on a light and actually watch both sides pooch out at once. Waking up that early definitely comes from Jonathan.

And speaking of things that come from Jonathan, have I mentioned his big head? We had a sonogram at 28 weeks and they always take measurements. His legs were right on track, his belly was right on track, and his head... his head was a week big. A FULL week. Maybe he's just going to be smart? But I want him to fit coming out too.

This Week:
  • Your baby's head is in proportion with body now. He appears more like a newborn each and every day!
  • Fat continues to accumulate under the skin -- only now preparing for entering the *real world*.
  • Your baby's brain can control primitive breathing and body temperatures.
  • His eyes can move in their sockets. Soon he will be able to follow a blinking light.
  • Your baby is increasingly sensitive to changes in light, sound, taste, and smell! Various studies show that your baby may indicate preferences (or disdain) for particular tastes or odors at this stage
  • He is also moving from side to side, but probably still is head up. In the next few weeks, he will move to the head down birthing position. At times you may feel as if he is performing somersaults for a circus act!
  • Her length is now approximately 15.2 inches (38.6cm) and weight is 2.54 pounds (1153gm)

No comments: