Thursday, January 15, 2009

new found relief

I've been debating about getting a swim suit for a while. Who wants to spend money on a swim suit that's going to be worn for 10 weeks? It seems wasteful. However I had some store credit and they had maternity suits on sale so I splurged.

I actually enjoyed trying them on. Mostly because I knew I was going to look fat either way, but at least I look pregnant too. It's much better to be fat and pregnant than just fat. (I'm not looking forward to swim suit season this year.) But it was entertaining trying to find something that would fit my boobs and my butt.

So today I went to the gym and swam for a bit then soaked in the hot tub. It was the most wonderful thing ever. Floating took all the weight off my hips and lower back. It was finally the relief I've been looking for. And now I'm going to take a nap.

So if you can't find me for the next 10 weeks it's because I'm in the pool at the gym.

3 comments:

Mariposa del Diablo said...

It is actually recommended that you not sit in a hot tub while pregnant unless you know the temperature of the hot tob is not actually hot. Just FYI. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/hottubs.htm

Sheryl said...

I know this and I've talked to the doctor about it. He said as long as the temp isn't above 102 and I get out if I start to get over heated then I should go for it. The only thing to be concerned about is if my body temp starts to go up, and normal people get out when that starts to happen anyways, I hate really hot hot tubs. But these are perfect.

Mariposa del Diablo said...

That's good. No frying my nephew!!