Today marks the beginning of the 3rd trimester and 12 weeks until D-day. I was hoping that it was going to seem closer after the holidays, but so far it doesn't.
About 3 days ago I started having sciatica. I can't get comfortable and doing just about anything hurts. I've been stretching but so far it's not really helping. I'll go in for some acupuncture if it doesn't clear up soon. It doesn't take long for it to get really annoying. But other than that, no new symptoms.
Here are lists of things I want to remember, and forget, about the 2nd trimester...
Jonathan feeling him move
Seeing him move
The good parts of the Vegas trip
Our level 2 sonogram and finding out that he's perfect!
Freaking out on the day I didn't feel him move
All the swelling in Vegas
My feet hurting all the time
Not being able to breath
As I'm tying this I'm realizing that I'm not going to be able to forget those things until this is over with, because I don't think they're going away. Can you tell that I'm ready for this part of it to be over with?
And he's getting bigger... much bigger.
I'm feeling huge and wondering how he's supposed to grow so much more. I'd also like it if he would turn already. Usually his feet are in my bladder or they feel like they are trying to escape. It's not comfortable.
From here on out he's mostly growing and putting on fat. Here's what's happening this week:
- Eyebrows and eyelashes are now very noticeable!
- Hair on baby's head is growing longer. Some babies are born with almost none at all, while others appear to be ready for their first haircut!
- Eyes are completely formed now. Quite a view from inside!
- Your baby's body is getting plump and rounded. Most of that increase is muscle tissue and bone.
- Muscle tone is improving. Preparation for the Olympics feels like it is taking place in your womb!
- Lungs are capable of breathing now (but baby would still struggle and require medical attention if born now)
- Talk to your baby often, reading stories, singing songs and more. He or she can recognize your voice now and will often calm to it later on!
- Your baby weighs in now at 2.2 pounds (1005gm) and is 14.8 inches (37.6cm).