Saturday, January 17, 2009

30 Weeks (-10)

Only 10 more weeks to go. I'm very much ready to be done working, but 2 weeks to go.

I have noticed that my belly has gotten heavier. My belly button is also threatening to become an outie. It hasn't popped yet but I suspect it will in the next few weeks.

The baby gets the hiccups on occasion now. It's very cute, as long as it's not at 4 AM, and it makes me giggle. And I could sit and watch it move for hours. If I can't even stop staring at my belly I'm not going to be able to take my eyes off the kid once he gets here.

I'll try and get a belly shot this week. In the mean time, here is a picture of where all of my organs have re-located to:

This Week:
  • Did you know your baby is nearly three pounds now?
  • His head is getting larger to accommodate a period of rapid brain growth. Don't forget to continue to "teach" your baby in the womb by exposing to music, literature, and simply talking to him.
  • A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him. As he grows and fills your uterus, the amount of amniotic fluid will decrease. Funny, you certainly won't feel any lighter!
  • He spends more and more time practicing opening and closing eyelids. His eyes can move from side to side, following a light source. He may even reach out to touch the light.
  • Early lanugo is beginning to disappear that served to protect your baby's skin from the water in the womb. Your little one's own hair may begin to appear.
  • Toenails are entering their final growth stage.
  • Bone marrow is now in charge of red blood cell production. These red blood cells will continue to service your child's body by transporting oxygen and removing the wastes (carbon monoxide and other gases).
  • Your baby has the capability now to produce tears -- yes, within the womb.
  • By the end of this week, your baby is now 15.7 inches (39.9cm) long and weighs 2.91 pounds (1319gm)

No comments: