Sunday, January 25, 2009

31 weeks (-9)

It was an interesting week. My last day of work and a weekend away. Jonathan did a 12 hour adventure race with some friends. I'll do a whole other post just on that, with some fun pictures and everything. I went along to support them and cook them food. So Friday I was on my feet most of the day cooking and Saturday I was on my feet a lot heating things up and walking between the camper and the transition area. This is how my feet looked Friday night.
And Saturday they were worse. I didn't sleep well Friday night, between the bed, Sam (Jonathan's dad) and Jonathan snoring, and the dog chewing on a bone, I think I slept about 5 hours. And my back and hips were super sore. I took Tylenol all day and that still didn't help so I left Saturday night so I could sleep in my own bed. Luckily today they are getting better. I'll go float in the pool tomorrow and hopefully that will help too. I enjoyed being out there, but it was challenging.

This Week:
  • The rate of physical growth slows down just a bit, but even though she doesn't get much longer, she will gain a lot of weight the rest of the pregnancy.
  • Fat continues accumulating. This layer of fat turns her skin from red to the rosy pink she will have as a newborn.
  • Calcium, phosphorus and iron are being stored and his bones are growing and hardening.
  • Your baby is 16.2 inches (41.1cm) long and weighs 3.3 pounds (1502gm)
  • His brain enters another period of rapid growth, producing hundreds of billions of new nerve cells! Amazing!
  • She may move to the rhythm of music. Studies with heart rates show that she also prefers some types of music to others -- already!
  • Lungs are the only major organ left to complete development. Remember, that while you may be anxious to meet your little one that these last few weeks can be vital - with each day increasing your baby's ability to breathe on her own.

1 comment:

Mariposa del Diablo said...

Man, I remember camping trips when I was growing up. Dad's snoring...wow. I would sleep like 3 hours a night. I hear ya.