Saturday, October 11, 2008

A princess weekend

This weekend we are taking care of our niece Emily, who is 4. She's very into princesses and is quite the little princess herself. This morning as I was getting dressed she was in the bathroom talking to me. After I put my bra on she looked at me and said, "wow, those are big". Trying not to laugh hysterically I explained that they were getting bigger because when the baby is born they will make milk to feed him. I'm not sure she really got it...

This morning we went down to Zilker park to the dinosaur exhibit. It was in the gardens and we took the camera to do a photo shoot. Mostly, she looked like this:

I did manage to get a few good ones. As you can see, I couldn't pick which one I liked the best.


There's a dinosaur in the background!

This is what most of the exhibits looked like. These were just some of the little ones, but there were some really big ones too. She's was a little unsure of those.




Emily was very curious about the HEB Buddy. She said hi to him but didn't get too close. This was her peaking at him from a safe place.





After we got home she watched a movie in the bed room while I watched UT beat the #1 team in the nation! It was an awesome football game, one of the best I've seen since we won the Rose Bowl. Emily had a little crying spell when she realized that she wasn't going to get to watch her movie on the big TV (even though we had just talked about it in the car) but she did great and enjoyed her movie. I think that crying to try and get what she wants is a stage thing, it doesn't work on me but it is annoying. I told her that she could cry as much as she wanted, but that she couldn't watch the move in the living room. It didn't last long.

We also put together an art project that was a haunted tower. She added a princes in the tower that needs to be rescued. It was a lot of gluing and got a bit tedious. Now that Emily is in bed, Jonathan pulled out the glue gun and is finishing it up. I'll post pictures of that later.

Tomorrow we're picking up her cousins, Christopher and Meghan, and taking them all out to a huge play scape in Georgetown. We're going to have a pick nick and let them run and play before we get back in the car to take her back to mom and dad.

She pulled out all the stall tactics when going to bed tonight but she cleaned up a bit and never melted down so I'd say it was successful. She's a good kid and so far, we're surviving too!

No comments: