Sunday, October 26, 2008

18 Weeks

Today marks 18 weeks gestation, getting close to the half way mark! Yesterday morning the little guy woke me up by moving around. It was the first time that I felt him really consistently. There were some little taps and flutters, I had slept in a little and I guess he was telling me that he was hungry. I threw up once this week but for the most part I'm past the nausea. My back is a little sore but it's not too bad. I feel the ligaments stretching on a regular basis but it's not really painful, just annoying, and it doesn't last long. I'm still have a ton of headaches, the doctor said that it's a hormone thing and will pass soon.

If you look to the right, you'll notice I've added a baby registry. We're registering at Babies-R-Us and at Amazon.com. That way the people who would rather order something on-line can do so.

This week:
  • Vernix (a white cheese-like protective material) forms on baby's skin with the lanugo (soft, lightly pigmented hair covering the body and limbs); both serving to protect your baby's skin during the months in water.
  • Your placenta continues to grow and nourish the baby.
  • Tiny air sacs called alveoli begin to form in lungs. He'll be putting these lungs to good use in just a few months!
  • His vocal chords are formed. He goes through the motions of crying but without air she doesn't make a sound.
  • Features of your baby's heart, including ventricles and chambers, should be visible during an ultrasound.
  • Your baby measures about 5.59 inches (14.2cm) this week and weighs about 6.7 ounces (190gm).
Refrigerator note: It's still making the awful sound. We're going to try and find someone to come out and look at it this week. Then we're defaulting and buying a new one. It really sucks, but it gives me horrible splitting headaches and it's got to change, one way or the other.

No comments: