If you look to the right, you'll notice I've added a baby registry. We're registering at Babies-R-Us and at Amazon.com. That way the people who would rather order something on-line can do so.
- Vernix (a white cheese-like protective material) forms on baby's skin with the lanugo (soft, lightly pigmented hair covering the body and limbs); both serving to protect your baby's skin during the months in water.
- Your placenta continues to grow and nourish the baby.
- Tiny air sacs called alveoli begin to form in lungs. He'll be putting these lungs to good use in just a few months!
- His vocal chords are formed. He goes through the motions of crying but without air she doesn't make a sound.
- Features of your baby's heart, including ventricles and chambers, should be visible during an ultrasound.
- Your baby measures about 5.59 inches (14.2cm) this week and weighs about 6.7 ounces (190gm).