Monday, October 13, 2008

16 Weeks: Belly shot & Dr's apt.

The picture above is from my point of view, this is what I see when I look down and it's why I feel so big. Believe me, I know that this is nothing yet but it is much bigger than it has ever been.

My dr. apt went well today. We waited for over an hour but everything looks good. I got the test results back from my blood work and there is a 1 in 7,600 chance that the baby has down syndrome and a 1 in 10,000 chance that he has trisomy 18 (both chromosomal disorders). Basically what is says is that we cooked up a good one.

All of my little complaints are normal, they sympathized and told me to take tylenol for the headaches. That's what I expected. The baby is measuring right on track, a day ahead actually, but he's 5 oz and all of his measurments look great. I forgot to ask about a flu shot, I'll call tomorrow and figure that out.

Of course the best part was the sonogram and getting to see our little man. He slept through most of it but we managed to wake him up eventually. This is him sucking his thumb.

This is a view from the front, you can see his face, his torso, and his legs are curled up. He's so big now that it's difficult to get his whole body on the screen.

The doctor said he would bet his next pay check that it's a boy, and this is why...

Here it is circled, in case you need a little help identifying parts. And, this is the only time his penis will be allowed to be displayed on the internet.

No comments: