Thursday, October 9, 2008

Check your batteries

This is the most recent picture I have of Nanny, she's holding baby Grace when she was a week old. This morning my Nanny had her battery in her pace maker replaced. She literally wore the first one out. Back when I was in college we thought we might loose her, but she pulled through and is doing great.

Nanny is my dad's mom and was the one who stayed with me after school every day. She did that from as far back as I can remember, all through the summers, and then when I was in high school she moved in with us.

When I told her that I was pregnant the first thing she said was, "Oh, I hope I live to see that baby." And I have a feeling she will. She'll be 96 next month, and though she has normal "old people" problems she seems to always bounce back quickly.

She's involved in a few social things in the nursing home she's at and she always has funny stories about the other residents. I only hope that I have her attitude when I get to be that age.

No comments: