Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Symptoms

Fatigue, lack of energy, sleepiness
This hasn’t been too bad. As long as I get a good night sleep I’m usually ok. I don’t ever pass up an afternoon nap if I can get it.

Frequent urination
This one just kicked in and it’s just more annoying than anything. Before I fall asleep at night I have to pee 4 to 6 times and I usually wake up in the middle of the night to pee too. But I’m sure part of it is that I’ve been drinking a lot more water, I’m thirsty all the time.

Nausea, with or without vomiting
Yes, all the time. Not vomiting yet, thank God, but I’m always nauseous. I eat every 2-3 hours, eat ginger, take some tablets that dissolve, and I have a prescription for phenergan as back-up.

Heartburn, indigestion, bloating
Only sometimes, it hasn’t been bad.

Breast changes: fullness, heaviness, tenderness, tingling
Oh God yes. Mostly I’m amazed at how much they’ve grown. I went to get a few new bras because my cups were overflowing, and I’ve grown 3 cup sizes. 3! I now wear a size G, I didn’t know they made them that big. And they still hurt all the time, I just hope they stop growing soon, the new bras are getting a bit tight.

Occasional faintness or dizziness
This only happened on occasion until about 2 days ago, now it’s all the time. There’s nothing occasional about in now.

Constipation
My digestion has slowed down as my body attempts to leach every bit of nutrients out of everything I eat. When I was on all the drugs for my elbow, that was constipation, and it was awful. This is nothing. I’m thirsty all the time so I drink a ton of water and I keep some prunes on hand just in case, but I haven’t really needed them yet.

A little rounding of your belly, your clothes feeling a bit snug
I’ve actually lost 5 pounds in the last few weeks but my pants are a bit snug in the waist. One evening I had to tape them closed, it was pretty sad.

2 comments:

Mariposa del Diablo said...

Tape?

Sheryl said...

masking tape. It's what I had while assisting with SELP.