Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Doctor's Appointment


I saw my doctor for the first time today, everything went well. The baby is still growing and has a strong heart beat. The blood clot is still the same. I was told to just take it easy, it's fine to work but not to exercise. And I have to have a weekly sonogram until this thing goes away and go in anytime I have a lot of bleeding.

He said that the odds of any pregnancy miscarrying is about 30% and this doesn't help things, but he the odds are in our favor and hopefully this thing will either come out or dissolve.

Now to explain the picture. The peanut sized thing in the middle of the black bean shaped thing in the center is the baby. It's .46 cm big, just a wee little thing. The black area on the far left is the blood clot. It's 4 cm by 2.5 cm, so a lot bigger than the baby right now.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Sheryl! Huge congratulations! I'm very excited for you and hope that everything goes well. Sorry for the early stress. It will get you ready for the next 18 years! Or more......

Sheryl said...

Thanks Karen! I wasn't worried at all until this happened, but now I figure I'll be worrying about this one for the rest of my life, it just stared a few months sooner than expected.

Mariposa del Diablo said...

My pregnancy was completely uncomplicated, and I still worried through the whole thing. Didn't help that I was working with special-needs kids at the time either.