Thursday, August 14, 2008

7 Week Sonogram


Everything looked good.  The clot is the same size, no difference.  But the baby is now 1.22 cm!  It has more than doubled in size in the last week, and it still has a strong heartbeat.  It's amazing to see how different it looks in just a week.  As much as I don't like what's going on with the clot, it's cool to get to see the little one every week.  

To explain the picture: the black blob on the far right side towards the bottom is the clot.  The black thing in the middle toward the top is the baby's sac.  Towards the bottom of that sac you see a peanut shaped thing, that's the baby.  The small ball just above it is its yoke sac.  On last weeks picture the yoke sac and the baby were the same size but now the little squirt is much bigger.  The baby's head is on the left side.  You can't really tell from the picture but on the sonogram itself we could even see where its tiny arm buds are, very cool.  

I go in next Tuesday for my "first visit" that I've had set for a while now.  It will include a sonogram and some other tests too.  I'm hoping to avoid having to get blood work done given that I've already had it run once.  

No comments: