Sunday, August 24, 2008

9 Weeks

Your baby (who has officially graduated now from embryo to fetus) has grown to approximately 1 inch in length, about the size of a medium green olive. His or her head is continuing to develop and take on more baby-like proportions. This week, tiny muscles are starting to form. This will allow you fetus to move his or her arms and legs, though it'll be at least another month before you'll be able to feel those little punches and kicks. While it's way too early to feel anything, it's not too early to hear something. The glorious sound of your baby's heartbeat might be audible via a doppler device at your practitioner's office. (From What to Expect)


Weekend Report:
Friday night we had friends over for dinner. Saturday Jonathan had a landmark workday all day, I was there for part of it. And today we went on the boat with my parents! I LOVE the boat, it's my favorite thing to do in the summertime. It was very funny though, my dad would barley put the boat in gear and just puttered the whole time. We topped out at 12 mph. My doctor said it was fine for me to boat ride, papa was just being a bit protective. Unfortunately we got chased off the water by the rain and thankfully made it back to the doc before the heavens let loose. We just hung on the doc until it passed and then headed home for a nap.

1 comment:

Mariposa del Diablo said...

Yeah, my mom wouldn't let me go outside with my hair wet when I was pregnant. They get very protective. And we love them for it;-)