Saturday, November 1, 2008

The funeral

Later today is Nanny's funeral. There's so much that I want to say about her but I just can't put it into words right now. I think I just need to get past today. Everyone is coming over to our house after the burial so I've been cleaning for the past two days, I've at least had that to keep me busy.

The good news is that timing wise everything worked out well. My cousin Jeffery (the oldest great-grandchild) who plays pro football for the Carolina Panthers has a bi-week and he was already at his lake house in Marble Falls. The cousins from Houston were all planning on being together this weekend anyways, so they drove up. And my dad, who could have been out of the country for work and who has been out of town for the last 4 weeks was flying back Thursday morning anyways. Most of us would have dropped everything and been here anyways but Jeffery's schedule is tricky and if my dad had been in Japan or Germany God only knows when he would have gotten back.

On a completely different note, my back completely freaked out on me Wednesday. I just picked a chiropractor off the insurance list and they were able to get me in that afternoon. Cooper went with me and cried most of the time but he was fine. I really liked him, it helped some and I've been back once already. Both my back, left hip, and elbow have been sore the last few days. But then again I haven't been sleeping great and I've been on my feet all day with the cleaning. Tomorrow I'm planning on staying on the couch most of the day.

No comments: