Sunday, November 2, 2008

19 Weeks

The pregnancy has been rather un-eventful lately... thank God. My appetite has increased but baby is going through a growth spurt so I'm assuming those two things are related. The only thing that has been really different is that the baby has moved to my butt and is growing there now. My back and hips are still rather sore but the chiropractor is helping a ton. I'm hoping to get a massage later in the week and I think that will help a lot too.

This Week:
  • Your baby has the same awake and sleep patterns of a newborn. He has a favorite position for sleep and recognizable active and rest periods.
  • Throughout baby's body, nerves are being coated with a fatty substance called myelin, which insulates the nerves so that impulses can flow smoothly.
  • Scalp hair becomes apparent this week. It has sprouted and continues to grow.
  • The milk teeth buds have already developed and over the next few days the buds for the permanent teeth will begin to form behind the milk teeth.
  • If it's a boy, the genitals are distinct and recognizable.
  • Your baby is swallowing amniotic fluid and his or her kidneys are making urine.
  • Your little one's size is around 6.02 inches (15.3cm) and 8.47 ounces (240gm).

I'll be spend some of the later part of the week with this little girl. This is my youngest niece, Grace. My brother and sister-in-law are going on vacation to Mexico and both sets of grandparents and I are taking care of her. It should be an interesting week.

No comments: