Thursday, November 13, 2008

Because you asked...

I've had several people ask what we still need for the baby. Well, lots of crap. 1st, there's the registry. Check out the links to the right. We're going to try the cloth diaper thing so we need some supplies and diapers for that, those are on the Amazon registry. Also, the little guy needs clothes. I have a few things but oddly enough I have no idea how much we really need.

We were going to go with IKEA sheets and decore, but I was having trouble finding the pictures I wanted and even the sheet set. And then I found this on ebay for only $50.00 so this is what we're using. I actually like it much better, it's very cute. I'll register for a few other accessories at babies-r-us.

We'd like this from IKEA, it's the TROFAST storage combination, but we'd like different colored bins. This is just an accessory, nothing that's necessary but great for toys and stuff.We have a dresser from my nanny, but Jonathan is worried that it's not very stable. Eventually we'd like this one from IKEA, it matches the crib. It's the LEKSVIK 4-drawer chest.
I also like this from IKEA. It's the LEKSVIK High Cabinet.



My parents already got us the crib, here it is!

And they got us the glider/ottoman! I think they're a little excited about the baby. :-) Here it is just out of the box.

And me putting it together.

And the finished product. It looks great.

Thank you mom and dad!

As you can tell from the pictures, the room needs a little paint.

2 comments:

Mariposa del Diablo said...

Can I help paint??!!

Don't worry, you'll have more than enough clothes once you get through a baby shower or two. I've definately had to restrain myself:-)

The trofast storage system is great! We have a unit in Emily's room. I love that you can change out the size of the bins.

Sheryl said...

YES, I would love for you to help paint. Please!

Jonathan can help if he uses the semi-automatic paint brush, but he can only do so much with it.

Also, so far we have no showers planned. We may just throw our own couples thing and invite everyone, that might be easiest. I've picked up a few clothes, but I only get things that are on sale.