My stomach still isn't back to normal. I'm hoping it regulates soon. And my back and hips are still really sore. It's not nearly as bad as it was a few weeks ago though, thank God.
Oh, and thanks to my friend Beth we have a bunch of 0-3 month clothes! They are so tiny and cute!
Here is how the baby looks in my belly this week:
- White blood cells are under production. Leukocytes (or white blood cells) form our body's defense system. They help fight infections and diseases.
- Your little one's skin has changed from translucent to become more opaque.
- Your infant's tongue is fully formed. If you were able to peek you might catch your son or daughter practicing giving you a raspberry!
- Baby swallows more this week. After your baby takes in amniotic fluid, his body absorbs the water in the liquid and moves the rest into the large bowel. This is good practice for his digestive system!
- Wake and sleep periods become more consistent. Some research suggests that baby sets her internal clock to match the outside world's even before birth! Your eating and sleeping habits as well levels of light and noise serve as her signals.
- Length is now measured crown to heel.
- Baby measures about 10.51 inches (26.7cm) and weighs nearly 12.7 ounces (360g).