Wednesday, February 25, 2009

the future...

I was at lunch with some friends yesterday and they asked about the lay-off and what was happening with the job search. One of them said something about if you want to make God laugh, make plans. I commented that he must be rolling on the floor about now, probably with tears streaming down his face from laughing so hard. And by the way, it's become very clear to me during this pregnancy that God is male, because no female would put another female through this.

Anyways, I started think about the last time I really could have freaked out about something. It was at the beginning of the pregnancy when I had a lot of bleeding and we were told that we might lose the baby. By the time we left the doctors office I told Jonathan that we were keeping this one, and I was absolutely sure about it. There was no doubt in my mind at all. Sure I was a little nervous about the whole thing and being on bed rest and restricted activity wasn't easy, but I was willing to do everything I could to give this little guy the best chance. I just kept saying that we were keeping this one. And look, now I'm all fat and uncomfortable, thank God.

So what I've been saying about the job situation for the last week or so is that this is going to turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to Jonathan's career. He's going to find something here in Austin and start mid May. He's going to like it even more than he likes his current job, it's going to be more lucrative and have lot of room for moving up and expanding.

Now in reality do I know this is going to happen? Of course not, God could have other plans. I have put in a request that if we have to move out of TX that it be someplace I can snow ski, but we'll see. My point is that it's much better for us to look at it from this point of view than to freak out about what could happen with no income.

No comments: