Tuesday, February 24, 2009

35 weeks (-5) and some random things

Have you noticed the widget on the side with the baby floating in it? It now says 33 days! 33. I look at it every day and though that floating baby is inaccurate as mine is squished with very little room left, the days are numbered. Technically as of March 8th he will be full term and could come any time, that's less than 2 weeks away. And we are no where near ready. The bathroom is still a disaster zone and I haven't even begun to deal with his room. Not to mention the painting I haven't finished or the curtains I need to alter. I've been slowly working on things but I move so slow that it takes forever to finish anything.

I keep reminding myself that he's easier to take care of where he's at. And I take advantage of sleeping in if my body and baby let me because those days are numbered too. It's also really weird to think that a fully formed person will be coming out of me soon. And it's going to live here, in my house. The whole thing is weird.

Saturday evening we had a baby shower. I hesitate to use the word "shower" because it was more of a party with good food, alcohol, friends, and some presents. It was great fun and a wonderful evening. One of the thing we got was a book about dogs. It's basically a lot of dog sounds and Jonathan read it to the baby when we got home. Baxter went nuts with Jonathan making all of these noises. Baxter is our silent dog, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've heard him bark in his life and I think that number has now doubled from that book. Very funny.

This Week:
  • The average baby weighs almost five and a half pounds now.
  • Most babies born now will survive and without many long-term problems.
  • Fat accumulations plumps up the arms and legs this week. These layers of fat will help him regulate his body temperature. They also provide those cute little dimples on elbows and knees!
  • Her hearing is fully developed, so be sure to talk to your daughter. Do you find yourself speaking in a high-pitched tone? That's okay since some studies show babies respond better to higher pitches.
  • It's getting crowded! Your baby is now taking up most of the uterus and you may even feel like your chest has run out of room! Soon enough though, baby will move down and you'll be able to breathe easily again (just not walk so easily! Ha!).
  • Your baby is 18.2 inches (46.2cm) long and weighs 5.3 pounds (2383gm).
  • The testes have completed their descent in males.

No comments: