Saturday, February 14, 2009

34 Weeks (-6)

It's hard to imagine that the baby would need very little assistance if he were born now. The twins I used to take care of were born at 32 weeks. It seems very weird to me. I'm uncomfortable, it's just the way it's going to be. I waddle, you do what ya gotta do. And I always have to pee.

Right now the next thing I'm looking forward to is him dropping. I know this will require even more trips to the bathroom, which is hard to imagine, but it's so hard to breath that I keep having dreams that I'm suffocating. My ribs ache from all the pressure.

We had a great time in San Antonio over the weekend and as of today I'm not allowed to travel more than an hour from home. Which actually works out, sitting in the car for much more than that is next to impossible plus we have to stop every 30 min for me to pee so it's more of a pain than anything.

I have another nurses visit this week but it's nothing exciting, but at 36 weeks we'll get a final sonogram to estimate his weight and check his position. I do know that he's head down, I feel the hiccups really low and I get jabbed in the ribs by little feet, which is good.

And I can't believe how much bigger my belly looks. I know that he's about 4 1/2 lbs now, it's just amazing how quickly I'm growing. The main thing he's doing now is packing on the fat. How in the world and I going to grow for 6 more weeks?


This week:
  • Your baby acts completely like a newborn, with her eyes opened when awake and closed when sleeping. You may also find her settling into more of a routine for sleeping & awake times.
  • She has learned to blink. She can also see more clearly when there is a bright light on your stomach and probably has the outline of all your organs memorized!
  • Antibodies from your blood are being transferred to him. These immunities continue to build until birth. Then breast milk will add even more protection against disease.
  • Your baby may have already turned to a head-down position in preparation for birth. If he is your first baby, he may be settling into the pelvis with his head pressing against your cervix.
  • Fingernails have reached the end of the fingertips now. She may scratch her face even before she is born!
  • Your little one's length is 17.7 inches (45cm) and weight is 4.7 pounds (2146 g).

No comments: