Sunday, February 1, 2009

32 Weeks (-8)

I had a nurses visit on Thursday that went really well. There's not a lot to report, just that everything is on track. They said that if baby is head down by 32 weeks they usually stay that way, so yay. I was very very slightly anemic, by 2 points. As long as I take my iron supplements it should be fine. All of my other tests looked great.

My next appointment is at 34 weeks (almost 35) then at 36 weeks they start checking for progress and do the last sonogram to approximate baby's weight and check his position.

It would be nice if this baby would drop soon so that I could breath. Often times I find that I have to lay down and stretch out just to catch my breath. It's annoying. And my ribs hurt.

This week:
  • Your baby is up to 3.75 pounds (1702gm) now and is 16.7 inches (42.4cm) long.
  • You might notice she's not moving around as much now. Don't worry! She is fine -- just running short on room. She still has plenty of growing to do though, believe it or not!
  • All five senses are working. Your little one is fascinated and practicing testing these out as much as possible!
  • Toenails are completely formed even though she may not be quite ready for a French manicure.
  • Hair on your infant's head continues to grow in. Will he have dad's black hair or your red hair?
  • Brain scans have shown that babies have periods of dream sleep (REM) starting around the eight month. What do you suppose your son is dreaming about?

No comments: