Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A strange week

Monday morning when I got to work they told me that Cooper was sick and that we were going to take him to the doctor. The poor little guy did not feel good. He wanted to play but all he would do was crawl around and moan or cry. He was a little warm, had been throwing up, had diarrhea, and hadn't been eating. That morning he developed a rash. Turns out it was the stomach flu and the doctor said it was very contagious. I respectfully told them that I didn't want to work with him being that sick. If it was a runny nose, that's one thing but I've been sick 3 times during this pregnancy and it totally sucks. And all 3 times, Cooper was sick first. I'd rather not get paid and be healthy than get sick from Cooper and have to take un-paid time off because I'm sick. I hope he gets better soon though, I need the hours.

They are trying out another nanny this weekend. They didn't like the first one they tried out and this other one is the last one on the list so if she doesn't work I'll be staying past the end of January. I wouldn't mind the money, it would actually be really helpful, it's just getting harder to pick Cooper up and carry him around.

So this week I've been taking it easy. I've slept in when the baby has let me, he's woken me up by 5:00 AM 2 days. He clearly gets that from his father, that is in no way, shape, or form, any part of me! I took the dogs on a little hike yesterday, it was beautiful outside. and I've gotten a few little things done around the house. I hope to get all the Christmas stuff put away and the spare bathroom cleaned out and ready for renovations by the end of the weekend.

I've also been working on baby shower stuff. We were going to just throw our own out at the UT Golf Club but it was going to be a little too expensive. Thankfully we had 2 people offer to host showers so we're working on dates and guest lists.

I'm still working on that Vegas post. I promise it's coming soon.

Hope everyone has a happy new year!

No comments: