Sunday, December 14, 2008

25 weeks & date night

Tonight Jonathan and I had a date! We won tickets to a comedy show at the Paramount and it was great. My favorite by far was a guy named Mike Reyburn. Here's a clip, one that he did. It's Led Zeppellin sings Dr. Seuss.



And I'm now 25 weeks pregnant. I'm getting bigger and baby is getting stronger. The reflux and heart burn are annoying. Even when I haven't eaten anything for 2 hours, I still have reflux. If I had money to put into the stock market, I'd invest in Tums.

Here is a rare shot of me wearing make up. It was for the big date. And it was taken in the baby's room so you can see the nice color of the walls.

This week:
  • The structures of the spine begin to form -- joints, ligaments and rings. These will protect the all important spinal cord which serves as the information transmitter for your child's body.
  • Blood vessels of the lungs develop.
  • Your baby's nostrils begin to open. There is a study out of Belfast that suggests babies at this stage have the capability of scent preferences!
  • The nerves around the mouth and lip area are showing more sensitivity now. When baby is rooting for food later on, these will be valuable!
  • His swallowing reflexes are developing.
  • Dexterity is improving. Your baby can make a fist and would clasp objects placed in palm.
  • Your child has now obtained an approximate length of 13.6 inches (34.6cm) and weighs 1.46 pound (660gm).
And I'll leave you with a close up...

No comments: